These hand painted beeswax candles are perfect for any room! Each original encaustic painting is unique and earth friendly. Encaustic is a wax-based paint made of beeswax, resin, and pigment. It is applied while in a molten state onto the beeswax candle.
This candle features a hand painted textured tree on a pillar candle. It measures approximately 3.75 inches in high and 3 inches in diameter.
The candles were purchased from Honey Lake Bee Co. Some of the pillars arrived with imperfections as shown in the photos
Why burn beeswax candles?
- Beeswax candles burn longer and cleaner than other candles.
- Premium PURE IL USA Beeswax
- The Beeswax is Triple Filtered and Cosmetic Grade for the best, cleanest burn possible.
- NO Filers, Perfumes, Scents or additives.
Care of your candle
- Trim your wick to ~1/4″ before each burn to keep it burning beautifully.
- The first time you burn your candle is called the memory burn. Allow the wax pool to reach the edge of the candle before you blow it out (it can take several hours – perhaps 8 or more!). This will prevent tunnelling.
- Do not touch the encaustic tree when the candle is lit and/or warm or it will come off.
You may notice your candle develop a light matte film over time. There is no cause for alarm! This is a natural phenomenon called bloom and occurs when the wax is exposed to cool temperatures. Some people like the look of it and some don’t. If you would like to remove the bloom, simply buff it with a cloth or use a hair dryer to gently heat the wax. The original shine and color will come through. If you are using heat, be very careful not to melt your candle or the encaustic tree!
Local Pick Up Only
Local pick up only due to the unusual shape and weight of the substrate. After purchase, I will email you when your order is ready and provide the address for contactless pick up in the Rochester, MN Barlow Plaza Area. Purchases are ready for pick up in 3 business days or less.
All sales are final- no returns or refunds.